In an earlier post, I complained about xcache 1.2.1 doing nothing but bad things to my server. I ended up moving to eAccelerator for a while instead. Recently, I moved to some better hardware to handle my ever-increasing traffic, and decided to give xcache another try. Low and behold 1.2.2 is out (and has been for a while it seems).
With the aid of a few plugins, I now have over 500 var caches running in xcache along with many php scripts themselves in the cache. My loads are WAY down (but, most of that can be contributed to the better hard ware) and page load times is MUCH faster.
I like it. And i retract my previous statements about it. Well done.